Access Statement for Nuthatch Cottage.
This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Nuthatch Cottage is in a beautiful rural setting perched on the edge of Shapridge overlooking the valley below. The garden area is flat but the access to the property is on an incline. The cottage provides 2 upstairs bedrooms sleeping a total of 4 people with the option of using a sofa bed in the living room. One bedroom has a king size bed and the other 2 singles which zip and link to form a super king. The ground floor is flat with an open plan living room and kitchen and a bathroom with walk in shower, bath, sink and WC. The cottage is stone built and over 100 years old but has been completely renovated to provide a warm and cosy holiday home in an outstanding setting.
The nearest town is Mitcheldean 1.4 miles away providing a grocery shop, post office, library, GP surgery and pharmacy as well as a pub and several takeaways. Littledean is a small town 3 miles away and has 2 pubs, a chip shop, and a newsagent. Cinderford is 4 miles away with a wider variety of shops, banks and a small cinema etc. Larger towns of Gloucester and Ross-on-Wye are 10 miles away.
- Satnav brings you onto Church Lane, but continue to the very end of the track as per the arrival instructions.
- The nearest railway station is in Gloucester 10 miles or Lydney 11 miles away.
- The closest bus stop is in Mitcheldean 1.4 miles away to Cinderford, Gloucester or Ross-on-Wye number 24 approximately hourly
- Gloucester taxi provides wheelchair accessible taxi service
- Most of the main supermarkets will deliver the nearest being Morrisons, Tesco and Waitrose
- There is parking for 2 cars on a flat, lit gravel parking area.
- The key code safe is on the reverse of the post to the right of the parking space at the first step. We will email you the code prior to your arrival.
- Follow the well lit gravel path down the slope there are two steps until you reach the stone steps down to the cottage. There are 4 steps onto a landing turn then a further 7 steps down to a concreted slope. Two more steps then a landing turn and finally 3 steps onto the gravel area outside of the cottage. The total distance from the parking area to the cottage is approximately 40 m.
There is an enclosed bin and recycling area next to the car parking.
There is a concreted metal bike stand to secure your bikes to but you will need to provide the lock.
Entrance to Property
- There are 2 steps up to the front door which is 740mm wide
- Alternatively enter through the patio doors which only has a 10cm lip to step over and opening min 930mm
- The flooring in the hallway is porcelain tiles and from the patio oak flooring
Halls, Stairs, Landings, Passageways
- There are pendant lights in the hallway and stairs
- The staircase has 11 steps with one handrail and are carpeted. It is 675mm wide
- The hallway is 800mm min and the doorway into the kitchen/living area is 795mm
- From the hallway to the kitchen area is a small lip where the porcelain tiled floor meets the oak flooring. It is a maximum of 15mm
- The open plan living area has oak flooring throughout.
- There are 2 sofas which are 500mm high one of which unfolds to form a sofa bed
- The narrowest walkway between the sofas is 480mm but the sofa can be moved to widen this space
- There are ceiling spot lights throughout the living and kitchen area
- There is a kitchen table seating 4 in the open plan living/kitchen area
- The table height is 780mm
- The chairs are armless and the seat height is 465mm with a clearance of 160mm from the table
- The narrowest point between the table and the upright beam is 795m
- The kitchen worktop height is 900mm
- The oven is a base unit and opens with a drop leaf door
- The kitchen tap is a lever top
- The flooring is oak and flat
- The kettle is cordless and rotates 360
- There are ceiling spot lights as well as under wall unit lighting
- The tumble drier and freezer are located in the shed outside
- The fridge is a base unit
Bedrooms and Sleeping Areas
- The bedrooms are upstairs and have sloping ceilings
- The carpet is a short/medium pile
- The lighting is pendant with abed side lamp
- The bedroom doors open 700mm
- One room has 2 single beds with a gap of 850mm between them and a height of 630mm. They can be zip and linked to form a super king size bed.
- The other bedroom has a king size bed and is 660mm height and the gap around the bed is 440mm on one side and 450mm on the other
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms and Toilets
- The bathroom is located on the ground floor
- The door opening is a minimum of 700mm
- The walk in shower minimum width is 720mm
- The bath height is 525mm
- The toilet seat height is 430mm
- All taps are lever style other than the shower which is a large dial
- The wash hand basin is 775mm
- The flooring is porcelain tile throughout with ceiling spot lights
- There are 2 areas of flat lawn and a riven sandstone patio
- The remainder of the garden area is gravel with a stepping stone path of flagstones
- There is a wooden table & chair set seating 4 on the patio next to the BBQ area and chiminea
- A metal coffee table and 2 chairs gives alternative seating for different times of the day
- There is a bench seat tucked away in the shade to enjoy the fabulous views
- There is an outside locked shed with power and lighting which houses the tumble drier
- The old stone well has been refurbished and a metal grill inserted to prevent too close inspection of the bottom